Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Unison Strikes

Hi

Wondered how many schools and settings are affected by tomorrow's strike. My setting is closed but as the teacher (not in Unison, I'm in a teacher's union) I am not striking and I will be working at another school (doing paperwork) not tasks performed by Unison members (under advice from my union). We were hoping to get an exemption because our children fall under the children in need criteria.

Most parents have been great - understanding why staff are keen to strike. Only a few parents had a moan that their children will be at home with them!

Our school is half open tomorrow xD Key Stage 1 and the Foundation Stage Unit will have no children as we cannot meet the adult child ratio and lunchtime supervision. Still gives us time to catch up on other things think Im outdoors weather permitting :o

I've just got home from work. School was closed to pupils today, as being a special school and having a high adult:pupil ratio we couldn't operate. I've spent this morning writing annual reviews and sorting a few bits and pieces. We've had to leave by 1pm as the afternoon caretaker is striking!

The TAs and lunchtime staff have been holding a picket line since about 8am and they were there when I left at 12.15.