Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS planning in Reception class

Hi, I'm teaching in a 2 form entry school and we are reviewing the planning and organisation of our reception classes for September. I've tried Googling timetables and they are all so different. Some do literacy and maths every day, and others don't. We do RWI daily, which takes 30 minutes, but other than that, we are free to organise the day how we wish. Currently we do 3 maths sessions a week, and each session involves group work, so all children do 3 maths activities a week. We also do a focused writing session, in one day, for all the children. From looking at some plans, some schools only work with each child once in the week for maths and the same for literacy. We are open to suggestions and ideas, but it would be great to know what does / doesn't work well for other people, and if they have any timetables and planning documents that they are willing to share. Thank you. 

hello Kate_Corcoran,

Welcome to the forum and well done on making your first post!! :D

We have some very experienced  Reception teachers on the forum and I am sure they will be along soon to give you some top tips. I have put the words Reception into your title if that's ok so that it stands out clearly for them! In the meantime, there are some resources in our resource library which might help you to see what others are doing and have done in the past - they are free to use and adapt if any of them are useful. If you make a new one can you upload a copy into the resources library for others to use? Thank you

• FSFRebecca changed the title to EYFS planning in Reception class

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)