Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

School Shut Again Tomorrow...

Beginning to forget what my classroom looks like - I haven't been in school since the 23rd February! The 24th and 27th were INSET days and since then we have been closed because of the snow - most roads are impassable and the school busses just can't get down them.

Have had a lovely time building snowmen and sledging with my own children :( but cabin fever is setting in now and I need to go and get food but we can't get out xD Kids have had enough of each other and want to go back to school - 6 yr old has insisted I teach her tomorrow because she is missing school and wants some lessons :o

Baking cupboard is empty - we have made so many things the WI would be proud :(

I was supposed to be inspected last week but it was cancelled - arghh, got to go through all the nerves again now!

Hope you have enjoyed the snow if you got any!

Megsmum

I live in Nottingham and me and the kids spent all last week waiting for the snow and it never arrived so if you could send us a bit!!!

But I do understand how you feel.

Hope the sun shines on you tomorrow its been glorious here today

post-4732-1141654906_thumb.jpgOh yes, we had plenty of wine in too :o

Snow plough has gone into a ditch along our (single track) road today so no chance of getting anywhere!

Megsmum

post-4732-1141654981_thumb.jpg

Oh!!! I want some snow!

Would love to snowed in for a few weeks (with wine and food though!) Just think of all that paperwork you could get done, in between making snowmen of course.

Send some down South!!!

WOW, an IGLOO xD ,

Megsmum, can I have permission to show the igloo pic to the children at preschool please?

I'm in kent, we had 1 hour of snow on friday, since then glorious clear blue skies and sunshine.

Hope you don't all get snowed in for too long, but must admit I am just a tad envious :o

Peggy

What amazing photos. We havent had hardly enough (manch) was hoping for some today but it didnt stick. Heard today though that we only have enough fuel left at school for half a week so I am secretly praying the order doesnt turn up!!!

Peggy, of course you can show the igloo picture :D

Looks like we are open tomorrow but will know for definate in the morning' depends on the roads. A digger has been down this evening and done its best. Had a call from the girl's school saying they will be open and we could decide wether to send them in or not - oh YES, they are going :o

Michaelle good luck with the fuel!

Megsmum

:) Glad you have been enjoying the snow- we only got a little (not enough to do anything useful with)

Beau- Do you need a lodger? I could supply the wine. Wish I lived near you :D

Have just taken delivery of a box of wine, to add to the already good collection, so am ready for the snow... if anyone would like to send some my way...

Oh, that snow looks lovely.

We had some snow on three or four different occassions, but it never settled or lasted for very long. We did have some nice periods of quiet whilst the children were glued to the window or running around outside trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues!

Wish we'd had some settle though, even enough for a mini snowball fight on mini snowman.

My children will love to see the picture of your igloo.

Lu