Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Update

HI

Some of you may know that I have been ill for a while, well I am still ill, still un diagnosed and about to be dismissed from my job as I cannot fulfil my role.

A bit of a bolt out of the blue, but all above board no matter how unjust I think it is in many ways although I can see their point of view.

So now I have to think what to do next!

A part time post doing intervention work would be ideal topped up with personal tutoring. Does anyone know/could clarify...

I have 3 separate DBS checks for 3 different schools. Do I need another one for personal tutoring?

x

Hello Kate

I didn't want to read and run, what a difficult time.

I'm not sure of the answer, someone will be able to clarify on here before too long but my gut feeling is, you may have to set up as a company/ business then do your own DBS as freelance tutor? Can you do your own?which you would then sign up to the annual update service for £13 which would presumably allow anyone who wanted to,to check that you were suitable/safe without convictions...

It's got me thinking though - when you hand over your number for an update check, what does the 'checker' see? Is it just a yes/no still safe to work answer or does it have personal details such as DOB etc too?would be interested if anyone has done one.

Hi Kate - I run my own early years business and my DBS check is to the business - I am also regustered with the update service so any other setting that employs my services through the business can check it! I checked with Ofsted before starting - am classed in the same way as agency staff or contracted in staff - I created terms and conditions for clients 'setting's to cover them if they employ my company; I also have public liability insurance too.

Sorry you're ill and good luck with it all