Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lesson Plan Format

Hi there everyone. I am about to start my first prep for practice in a reception class. We have to write lesson plans for everything we teach but have not been given a format. I was hoping someone might have a blank format they have used that they would be willing to share. I did do a search but cant find any suitable for FS. The school Im at doesnt have a fromat they use either.

thanks

Hi there everyone. I am about to start my first prep for practice in a reception class. We have to write lesson plans for everything we teach but have not been given a format. I was hoping someone might have a blank format they have used that they would be willing to share. I did do a search but cant find any suitable for FS. The school Im at doesnt have a fromat they use either.

thanks

45216[/snapback]

Hi - we dont do lesson plans as such - we have a planning grid for the week - hope this helps (and attaches!)- obviously adapt as needed.

Jacqui

STP_grid_master.doc

thanks

45216[/snapback]

This is what we use for adult led focused activities hope it helps

Focus_Activity.doc

• 2 weeks later...

thankyou for your replies. I have now taken different bits from your ideas and put them in one to hopefully include all the things my uni expects me to.

Now I have another question please.

I have to include 'success criteria' as one of the headings in my lesson plans but I dont think I really know what it means. Is this something to do with asessment for learning, which I am also a bit confused over.

Any help appreciated I am starting to panic over the whole thing.

Hi jawariayh

dont panic! there is help out there although maybe you should try a different forum area as you dont seem to be getting lots of responces.

We had a converstaion some time ago which you may fnd of help here! although it didnt seem to take off as I'd expected, perhaps we're all struggling?

I think assessment for learning is about assessing what children have learned to inform next steps and for children to be involved in the process. Success criteria can be interrelated with this and used by adult and child to determine whether learning has occurred. WALT and WILF spring to mind here too.

Anyone else????

Thank you Susan, I read the other conversation and I think the muddy waters are beginning to clear a little.

Any one else having to include this on lesson plans? And should I state success criteria as what the children can do at then end?

Still muddled..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)