Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Plays

Just trying to decide which play to do for Christmas with nursery and reception children. Have done a few from Out of the Ark Music and would like to do a new one. Has anyone done The Bossy King or Humph the Camel and would you recommend either of them??

Angela

Have done the Bossy King, and enjoyed it, although I think it requires quite a strong bunch of reception kids to carry it off! I also love The sleepy shepherd from out of the ark - have you done that one?

I too have done both of them - if I can remember, I think I preferred Hummph the Camel - tunes are a little more catchy and it was a little lighter and more fun. We had some very strong willing children for The Bossy King which made it as the Bossy King took quite a big role if you went by the book - whereas the role of Humph could be blended in to the story and didnt really need so much of a lead role. Mind you as Helen and Mark Johnson from Out of the Ark Music sent all their children to me - I had to perform all their plays in front of them so I could never remember how it went really - I was too nervous.

Nikki

I too have done both of them - if I can remember, I think I preferred Hummph the Camel - tunes are a little more catchy and it was a little lighter and more fun.  We had some very strong willing children for The Bossy King which made it as the Bossy King took quite a big role if you went by the book - whereas the role of Humph could be blended in to the story and didnt really need so much of a lead role.  Mind you as Helen and Mark Johnson from Out of the Ark Music sent all their children to me - I had to perform all their plays in front of them so I could never remember how it went really - I was too nervous.

Nikki

41468[/snapback]

How scary!! Thanks for that will probably try Humph then. Although has anyone got the new one "innkeepers breakfast"?

If it's helpful to anyone else we've already done Whoops a Daisy Angel, Sleepy Shepherd and Toby's Christmas drum. They all went well and songs were catchy and easy to learn. I think my favourite is Whoops a Daisy.

Angela

How scary!!  Thanks for that will probably try Humph then.  Although has anyone got the new one "innkeepers breakfast"?

If it's helpful to anyone else we've already done Whoops a Daisy Angel, Sleepy Shepherd and Toby's Christmas drum.  They all went well and songs were catchy and easy to learn.  I think my favourite is Whoops a Daisy.

Angela

41536[/snapback]

Have performed Whoops a daisy angel and the sleepy shepherd( class of mainly boys that year) parents loved both think my favourite was whoops a daisy but this may be due to having a child who fit the title to a tee. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)