Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years And Primaryteaching Exhibition

Morning all.

I'm up early as I'm just checking what I want to go and visit at the Early Years exhibition in London today. May see some of you there though I won't know it. I'll let you know if I get any bright ideas.

Al

Morning all.

I'm up early as I'm just checking what I want to go and visit at the Early Years exhibition in London today. May see some of you there though I won't know it. I'll let you know if I get any bright ideas.

Al

39215[/snapback]

Hope you had a great day, Al. I was supposed to be going, but somehow it didn't quite happen...

Looking forward to hear about what I missed!

Maz

It was a good day thank you. I've picked up a stack of catalogues and literature. Some of my staff went to a workshop on using the outdoor space which looked really interesting. I'll get their feedback on Monday.We bought some more big books including one on first signs - basic BSL with pictures and found a really sturdy till for our home corner shop.

Al

Oh Whitetree maybe I walked past you and didn't say hello!

I had a good day too and yes loads of catalogues and some superb resources on display. I went to two seminars 'No book storytelling' and Braingym. Both were brilliant and only sorry they were only an hour long each.

On a more personal note I spent a long time at London Metropolitan University stand and when I finish my FD with the OU next year I am going on to BA(Hons) degree in Early Years :( through distance learning with London Met. (The OU don't do early years only childhood studies)The very helpful chap said I will get full credit for my 240 cat points and can complete in a year :o

Now putting the final touches to my end of course assignment for E115 :D and then hoping to spend some time with my youngest son who bought his airline ticket for Australia yesterday and leaves on November 9th xD and won't be home until July 2006

The Norfolk website has some brain gym activitiy cards free to download - there are 10 for reception. (Found them yesterday) www.norfolkesinet.co.uk

The Norfolk website has some brain gym activitiy cards free to download - there are 10 for reception. (Found them yesterday) www.norfolkesinet.co.uk

39385[/snapback]

Does it say something profound about me that I couldn't find any information about brain gym during my quick visit to the site, but found a link to 'genuine swingers' adverts'?

I'm back there now to have a better look. At the brain gym stuff, obviously...

Maz

Does it say something profound about me that I couldn't find any information about brain gym during my quick visit to the site, but found a link to 'genuine swingers' adverts'?

I'm back there now to have a better look.  At the brain gym stuff, obviously...

Maz

39417[/snapback]

Oh my gosh. I wish I had stayed away. I clicked on the wrong link and found some very unsavoury web pages indeed (well at least their addresses were very suggestive of something very 'adult').

ASPK can you direct me to the right page to spare my blushes??

Maz

xD  That woke Maz up, anyway.  :o

39460[/snapback]

Sure did. Wouldn't recommend it as an alarm call though!

Thanks to Susan, I have found them now and I must say they look fantastic: I shall use them with my adult students, too!

Maz

and.........................................................................?

are you stereotyping or what???????

no offence taken :o

peggy

I hope the exhibition was as interesting as mazlittles' "accidental" links, as I am sure you have all looked to see, haven't you?? are they more interesting???

too much information, I don't want to know xD

Too late, Peggy, we've seen the leather trousers!!!

39521[/snapback]

Actually, now that I think of it, probably 'bouncer' would be a more accurate description (am thinking trampoline here, of course!).

Maz

I hope the exhibition was as interesting as mazlittles' "accidental" links, as I am sure you have all looked to see, haven't you??  are they more interesting???

39561[/snapback]

Hurries by belatedly to point out that the links were not 'mine'...

They have an exhibition at Olympia each year for this sort of thing, apparently. I read about it somewhere...

Maz