Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literacy in the Early Years

Having just had ofsted last week one of our development points is to allow children to explore resources without adult guidance. This would move us to outstanding so unsure how this follows when in this nursery everything seemed to be directed by an adult!

Devondaisy please can you tell me where I can find the government's response to the Nutbrown review focussing more on 'teaching' in the early years? Thanks

Hi we had our Ofsted end of November and we were told that the Nursery children should be entering my class on band 40-60mnths, and not lower as that was not good enough!!

I feel that the goal posts have been raised so much in the revised EYFS, and that achieving the ELG is going to be so hard and for the most children in the class they will not move from emerging into them. I don't want to go down the road of purely teaching literacy and mathematics, but I do feel that is the way we seem to becoming pushed into.

I thought the first clip was Reception not Nursery, as though activities my children are able to only just carry out now! A big worry really!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)