Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas Needed

Hi again

As part of our application for renewal of basic skills award our SMT have decided to invite parents to an assembly to celebrate and show off what we do in school with each year group putting on an act based on either Numeracy or Literacy. Anyone got any good suggestions that are a lttle different to the usual 5 speakled frogs etc..

Cheers

Sarah xoxoxoxo :D

Hi Sarah

I usually get the kids to do a little drama based around a book which is linked to our topic ie; the hungry caterpillar and fit in relevant songs and dances and maybe some facts about the life cycle of a butterfly etc...

Usually goes down and gets the cute factor when the kids are dressed up.

Have done things such as 'Baby Goz' Going on a Bear Hunt, Bad tempered lady bird etc...

Good luck I am sure others will come up with some good ideas.

M

Hi

We usually do something to go with our current topic, we've done three little pigs, the hungry caterpillar, elmer, the flood (animals go marching two by two etc, and rainbow song) among others

Hope this helps

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

Did a brilliant assembly all around the number 3. First the children said facts they had come up about number 3(with the aid of props). Some of them I can remember were

a triangle has 3 sides

comes after 2

before 4

on a telephone

on car number plates

on my front door

on a number line

I can jump/skip/hop 3 times etc

Then we sang when Goldilocks went to the house of the bears with some chidren acting it out. Finally we performed our own dance to 3 Billy Goats Gruff that we had been working on. Basically I read a simplified version of the story and every time I said certain phrases the children would join in with actions, and my TA added sound effects. The parent thought it was fantastic and the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves! They realy liked the bit when I said "I am the big bad troll and I am going to come and eat you up!"