Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Observation

Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I was on here. i have recently moved back into nursery and I have an observation next week on anything I can deliver that is good!!! My topic is celebrations! I am loookign at birthdays. Does anyone have any outstandiong ideas? Many thanks i would be so grateful

Suz

I have just done a modelled writing session on making a list of what we need to get ready to have a party. We shared a book called 'Planning a Party' and looked at the pictures and talked about how they related to getting ready to have a party. Then I modelled writing a list of the items we would need to get. I have F2 children but writing is a low area and so we focussed on what sounds we could hear at the beginnings of words and a little bit of 'robot talk' for the simple words like food, hat, cake etc. I then put some list writing frames into the home corner for the children to 'write' their own, with a TA in the area so the children had somebody to 'read' their lists to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)