Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

No Sleep For Me Tonight!

I'm very excited but a bit nervous about starting my new nursery teaching job tomorrow after being away from having my own class for over 5 years :o . Am wondering right now where that confident teacher of 2000 has gone xD .

As I'm in Scotland now the children have been back since 17th August so the previous teacher has been in on supply until now, therefore has put her 'stamp' on the new intake already - ah well never mind, I'm sure it won't take long for me to introduce my own way of doing things :)

I've been in a couple of times so know what changes I want to make - just hope the Nursery Nurse is agreeable!

Here 's to a sleepless night :D

Edited by Guest

Good luck with your first day tomorrow xD

I'm sure it will all come back to you the moment you set eyes on your lovely new children. Remember they will be much more nervous than you!

Sweet Dreams :o

Jane

ps. let us know how you get on.

Guest alisonjayne

Good luck for tomorrow, go for it and believe in yourself as soon as the children begin to arrive the old confident teacher of 2000 will reappear. Keep us posted.

We had our first day back today, lots of new children to settle in but it was lovely.

Ali

Hi Megsmum

I'm sure your confidence will return in spades! Good luck, and I hope you sleep well.

Perhaps a lovely scented bubble bath, something nice and cool to drink and a book to read before bed.

Failing that, a very large bar of chocolate!

Let us know how you get on.

Maz

Hi Megsmum,

ditto all the others best wishes, positively speaking the supply teacher has done the "environmental" settling in bit, leaving all the fun teaching and learning and getting to really know the children and make relationships for you. :D

Peggy

Well the morning went just fine and so fast! The children weren't at all bothered that all of a sudden a new teacher has taken over ( I only got notice yesterday that my start date was today!).

Have a nice nursery nurse although she likes to think she is in charge (head had warned me about this) and kept telling me what we will be doing next week so had to remind her I have prepared plans already.

Had to laugh after reading other posts (fluffy yellow duck?) - she had them sponging 5 ducks and gave them one feather for each one - result 18 same pictures :o Hmmm will have to have words. She seems fine though really.

Looking forward to tomorrow. How long did I say since I had my own class, 5 years??? Already feels just 5 minutes ago :D

Looking forward to tomorrow. How long did I say since I had my own class, 5 years??? Already feels just 5 minutes ago :D

37467[/snapback]

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to hearing more about your bid to assert your authority. Sometimes I think it would be nice to work in a school (I'm a pre-school supervisor). But then I couldn't be in charge, so that wouldn't work!

I wonder if she's on a forum somewhere writing a post saying "I've got this new teacher who seems to think she's in charge....?"

Keep us posted, won't you??

Maz

I'm pleased your first day went well. Sorry I wasn't around to wish you luck (been moving house) :o

I've not been in the nursery long and found that my NN also was in charge! We are gradually reaching an understanding, but it is an ongoing process!