Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! Ofsted Next Week

Hello, we had The Call today - Ofsted are in on Tuesday :o . We have been reminded to have the class and teacher name on our door (which I don't have) - any good ideas for the wording? xD Brain on strike!

Dont panic. Get some rest this weekend.

Surely you just put your class name and yours?

Thanks for your reply, Susan - yes it should be simple, but I always look to make things more complicated! I remember seeing something like 'You are entering a learning zone', so I suppose I was thinking of something along those lines! :o

Check out classroom resources sites like Twinkl or TPet - they have lots of different templates for a classroom welcome signs where all you need to do is add in any text you want - with an attractive background already there for you. Simple print, laminate if you can...and add to your door.

My advice having had them just before Christmas.......tell them everything because if you don't they think you don't do it/have it. Our report says a couple of things that definately happen in eyfs and because i was flustered and worried i forgot about them (not key things but things that definately happen), and they didn't ask!!

The inspector was in and out of reception all of the first day because she was only there to observe eyfs, so she only came to me and into Y1.

Hope all goes well for you!

My advice having had them just before Christmas.......tell them everything because if you don't they think you don't do it/have it. Our report says a couple of things that definately happen in eyfs and because i was flustered and worried i forgot about them (not key things but things that definately happen), and they didn't ask!!

The inspector was in and out of reception all of the first day because she was only there to observe eyfs, so she only came to me and into Y1.

Hope all goes well for you!

What sort of things did you tell them? Unless I have prompts, I'm sure my mind will go completely blank!

Check out classroom resources sites like Twinkl or TPet - they have lots of different templates for a classroom welcome signs where all you need to do is add in any text you want - with an attractive background already there for you. Simple print, laminate if you can...and add to your door.

Thanks Lucyhobbit - I have downloaded and laminated! :o