Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview

HI,

I have an interview for a nursery nurse position next week. this will be a step down from my previous position as an assistant manager (old nursery), i made it clear in my application why i wanted to step down (to spend more time directly with the children)...... but i feel so out of touch re nurseries that i don't know what they may ask me....

can any of you give me tips on what i may get asked / what to expect.

thanks

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

When is your interview? Good luck with it! I'm afraid I'm hopelessly out of touch with such things, not having worked in a while. However, I would just say that you need to make sure you're fully up to date with current legislation and curriculum which no doubt your are anyway.

I always ask interviewees to describe an activity (either one they've led or seen) and describe what was good about it and why they thought is was a good activity. I find that this gives people a chance to rave about their particular interest and to show how they understand children's needs and learning. You'd be surprised at the number of people who say ' i like painting'!!! I dont give them the job!

pw x