Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Being Assessed!

Hi

I am being assessed for the first time next week and am getting a little worried.(I've done 7 units via an internet based course)

My assessor ,whom I have not yet met ,is coming all day (8:30 -3:15)

She wants to assess me on as many units as she can. I've submitted my plan for the day, I'm just worried about managing to cover so much!

Some things aren't possible on this occasion, such as settling in a new child and I don't think I can fit in a fire drill this time.

I work in a reception class of 30 children, just myself and the class teacher.

I'm doing a PE session, which will take all afternoon, as getting 30, 4 & 5 year olds changed is a marathon itself!!!

If anyone has any tips for the day, I would be very greatful!

Thanks

Wright family

Hi!

First tip - don't get all het up!!! Your Assessor wants to see you about your daily round, so just make sure that you're doing things you are comfortable with. I'm sure your assessor will see lots you're not aware of (we're trained to do this!!!) and will present you with lots of positives across the board!!

Any particular worries, come back to us, but it's up to the assessor to make really valid Obs., which with you and the time thing, should mean a very busy day for them!!!

Keep smiling, you'll be fine!

Sue :D

Hi just wanted to wish you good luck, you will be fine! Its probable harder because you dont know the person, hope all goes well/

• 2 weeks later...

:o Yes I know the feeling stay cool and focused and have everything in place. Make points so that you have everything covered.

Good Luck my friend!

Regards

Trudy

:) big smaile to set you off for the day

34193[/snapback]

Hi

Thanks for asking

But unfortantley I had to cancell as I was ill!! I was really disappointed. I've rebooked it, but not until September now!

Gives me time to get more units finished I suppose!

Wright 1

So sorry!

Seems a bit sad when you've worked so hard to get where you are!

We're here, all the time (yes, we're that sad!!!!!) so just sound off - although, I do feel you've been messed about a bit ?

Always here - if you're really stressed, at the end of email or pm!!

Sue :D:D

Thanks

My assessor is coming in September and hoping to cover all the PC's over 2 days! Aghh, I,ve not even met her once yet, so my first assessment will be my only assessment !!

Also all the kids will have only just started school the previous week, so it could be quite stressful! Fortunatley only half the children(15 of them) are doing the morning(the older ones) and the other half are doing afternoon.

I'm a bit worried about meeting all the PC's in one go, but I suppose if I dont, she will just have to come back again.

Thank you for your support, much appreciated

Wright1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)