Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq3 C11

:o Can anyone give me some ideas on these please, they are to do with language and communication:-

How to converse with children in ways which challenge stereotyping and discriminition.

The importance of the ways in which representation in books, stories and rhymes can reinforce or counteract stereotypes based on gender, racial origin, cultural and religous groups and disabilities.

I would be grateful if anyone can give me a few suggestions

Thanks

Juney

juney,

Try to think about the way you would respond to an incident in your setting - "a" can't play with the dolls becaus he's a boy. "b" should be able to run fast because she's black. What would you say to the children? And do you think that you can use books to help you illustrate a point and conversely what sort of message does it give children if you read them a book which seems to reinforce a stereotype etc???

:) Thanks Carol

You have put me in the right direction and have helped me out a lot as these to knowledge numbers were my last two to complete C11.

Thanks

Juney

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)