Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stumped And Lesson Observation Looming

Hi there everyone, i really hipe you are all ok.

My goodness, already lesson observation time. I still feel like we are not in the total swing of things yet, chn are still a little out of sorts, tired, hungry etc. Anyway as the post title suggests...I am being observed first thing next Thursday, and need a quick 15min activity max that will be exciting for te children. This week every morning we have been doing listening activities in the hall, running about pretending to be cars, and stopping on a signal. I would stilll like to work on the chn's listening skills as they are really quite poor. Please if you have any lovely activities that you have done, i would love to hear. I might go down the speaking route aswell, cos the chn need that too. So anything at all would be really great. Thank you very much xx

Have you got any tapes / CDs of different sounds?

Maybe you could get pictures to match some of these sounds, play the sound and then ask the children to run/hop/jump/skip etc to the picture which matches the sound they hear? Just make sure you write a spot on learning objective!

Sound corners - have 4 pictures of instruments - say maracas, bells, drum and castanets. Put one in each corner or an area if you don't have corners to use. The children listen as you secretly play one of the instruments and run to the picture that matches.

Do you have the Letters and Sounds pack? There are some fab ideas in it.