Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! What Have I Missed?

Hi everyone,

After a year off to have on Maternity - getting to know my beautiful baby daughter Ava, it is finally time for me to go back to work ( xD :unsure: :o:( :( :rolleyes: :wacko: xD As you can see from my smileys I'm not really sure how I feel right now - but I think they sum me up!)

Anyway I used to come onto here a lot - initially as a paid member and then taking advantage of the my County Council (Suffolk) buying into this fab resource! didn't always post but have a vague memory of when PRAMS was first posted on here - I kept thinking that looks good must get my head around it, now it looks FAB!

I am a Nursery Teacher and will be going back part time, due to all children starting Reception in September. So going from 52 to 26 places (20 inititally!) 3 - 4s.

I have kept in touch with the staff and have been into Nursery to have a bit of a sort out, I still feel a little daunted by the whole thing. I suppose I always felt like I was 'keeping up to date' with articles etc but feel like EVERYTHING has changed - like no longer being able to access a lot of the old EYFS stuff online and seeing in the news that things are going to be slimmed right down. I have had a quick read of the new proposals for the EYFS from 2012 - again seems very different from the development matters that we had just got our heads around?

Can anyone brief me on anything major that has changed (my headteacher is lovely but always left us 'to get on with things' in Nursery so I would often instigate changes then ask her if this was ok!)

Also if anyone has any great links explaining things / good examples of practice etc I would be ETERNALLY grateful!!!

Many thanks in advance :(

Clare

Congratulations on little Ava, Claire, and welcome back!!

I can't imagine been off work for that long but I agree I think your smileys would sum it up for me too!!

Just a quicky but have a look at THIS its' a blog from a former headmaster now working (practically, not just lip service!!) in early years.

We've found it refreshing and very reflective of what little one's need - and it's amusing to boot!!

Hope it helps get you started, if nothing else it will get you thinking!

edit - typo!!

Edited by gingerbreadman