Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq3 C7

ejgreen

Regressive Behaviour

Question - give examples including social, emotional, physical, intellectual and communication factors. I think emotional refers to settling in to the group and coming in without problems and then returning to making a fuss and clinging onto their carer and physical, starting to wet again after being dry, is that right, may be obvious but i've gone brain dead at the moment.

what about the others.

Not knowing NVQ you appear to be on the right track to me, with your examples of regression.

Social: Possibly used to play co-operatively regressed to solo or parallel play, less inclined to mix with normal peer group.

Intellectual: Thinking that once a child grasps a concept in different contexts this would remain, possibly consider if a child takes longer than usual to grasp a concept, or needs to repeat or return to an activity more often than usual before grasping the concept.

Communication: From able communicator to selective mute (although this would most likely link with emotional development)

I find it difficult to seperate the developmental areas as they are all holistic and development within each can be effected by each. ( if you know what I mean) :o

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse.

Peggy

Not knowing NVQ you appear to be on the right track to me, with your examples of regression.

Social: Possibly used to play co-operatively regressed to solo or parallel play, less inclined to mix with normal peer group.

Intellectual: Thinking that once a child grasps a concept in different contexts this would remain, possibly consider if a child takes longer than usual to grasp a concept, or needs to repeat or return to an activity more often than usual before grasping the concept.

Communication: From able communicator to selective mute (although this would most likely link with emotional development)

I find it difficult to seperate the developmental areas as they are all holistic and development within each can be effected by each. ( if you know what I mean)  :o

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse.

Peggy

32066[/snapback]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)