Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Do You Think?

Just wondered if you lovely people would give your opinion?

In the summer the current year one teacher is leaving the new year one teacher is coming down from KS2, has no experience of EYFS and hasn't done Year 1 for 7 years. I as the Reception teacher have been asked to support this teacher. At our school we current carry on EYFS in the autum term of year 1 and slowly transfere them over in a way to N.C. when the children are ready. I have suggested as the year one children know me, how about we remove the folding wall between the reception and year one classroom and spread out the continous provision so children in year one can have access. (currently year one has role play/ book corner/ writing and at the beging they had a workshop/ modelling area and did sometimes use the outdor area) Am i mad? what do people think? There is both positive and negitive support to the idea and now what i thought would be a good idea i am starting to question myself! I tought the year one could model behaviour and using the enviroment, their would be more staff to support children, the year one would have access to continous provision ect...

thanks in advance

Em

Guest Spiral

I think that sounds a great idea. I'm not in school, but have experienced reception/pre-school doing the same and it worked well. The school that did that only allowed it at certain times of the day, but it was at least twice a day.

Interesting thread.....I'll be watching this one develop,

Spiral :o

I agree it is a brilliant idea, also from the preschool/reception angle, but our preschool free flows/mixes with the reception/F2 children twice a day, morning and afternoon for about an hour both times, and the behaviour modelling and use of the environment by the F2's definitly helps the preschool childrens development, and the F2's benefit from the extra adults being around to challenge and support their learning during free flow too

Guest lou73

I think its a brill idea. How refreshing......! Go for it I really think that it would benefit the children x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)