Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sunday Evening Blues

Who like me gets the sunday night blues?

Planning for the next week- I find it impossible to get down to until 5.30 am Monday!

I'm on the forum as a kind of fix to reassure me I'm doing OK.

I don't like sending word lists home

I don't like a kid telling me 'you don't make us do any work! We never do writing!'

I don't like 'getting children ready for Y1'

I like time to play

I like time to talk

I like time to make

I like time to run

and there is never enough time for any of it...

Guest Spiral

sounds good to me - maybe a curriculum where you can incorporate play and learning more would help too!

I know exactly where you are coming from...have a son who hates word lists, homework etc and would rather spend weekend time with his family having fun and learning about things that interest him.

You'll always be a great teacher as long as you keep those thoughts and reflect them in your children's learning - and that is what makes you a great teacher!

Spiral x

Guest terrydoo73

I have the Monday evening blues. It was a bad day at Playgroup today and we only had 2 1/2 hours of it!! We have 2 part-timers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and one in particular is tough work. He is very demanding and wants all the attention and boy help us if we don't let him have his own way every time. We are trying hard to be consistent in the way we react and treat all the children but it is so difficult at times when you just want to throw your hands in the air and say enough. I have learned now to let my Deputy handle it rather than jumping in because I would just get so angry and that is not good.

Then to cap it all because we have no government funded places come September I am spending my time both at the end of session and at home applying for grant assistance from charities - Saturday was spent entirely on one grant application and I still have yet to finalise it. It is trying to work it out that we do not appear greedy but are helping ourselves but at the same time we desperately need more resources to provide greater variety to the children.

When I think back to how that child behaved this morning I just cannot believe we got through it. Tuesday is always a lovely quiet day when everyone is so willing to please and goes along with what is happening rather than kicking against you all the time. Maybe it was because they all don't go to bed early on Sunday night and Monday morning is such a rude awakening.

Since coming home this afternoon I had to collect my child from after school choir, do an hours homework, then take her to piano practice followed by another half hour of homework and now I am sitting waiting on her coming out from another choir practice. When will I ever get what I want done such as my dishes in the sink or the laundry put in the actual washing machine never mind dusting and hoovering the house? Wish I could be more disciplined but the week just gets worse as there is something on every night for my little girl!!

Guest Spiral

My sympathies too - three children, too much going on at work and I'm still trying to balance the household chores!

Seems to go hand in hand with working with children/having your own children and I think the age of the children is irrelevant :o

Spiral x

My sympathies too - I have 5 of my own, manage my nursery and manage the egos of six staff - no work-home life balance - I question it all - I get a reasonable hourly rate but this weekend I worked at least 7 hours extra - it just grinds you down in the end - sorry - needed to offload - going back to my funding application and prep for a school entry plan tomorrow - love you all! Xxxxxxx