Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold Application - Round 11

Hi, I'm applying to go through the threshold this year, ready for Sept 2011 and to be honest, i can't find anything apart from the guidance. I was wondering whether anyone knows what is actually happening now with this, teacher net just has "A new UK Government took office on 11 May. As a result the content on this site may not reflect current Government policy." and it's a year's ago application form (for 2009/10).

Just wondered if anyone else was going through this at the minute!

Thanks

:o

Edited by Guest

It's possible that it might be too early yet? I've been keeoing my eye out for it as I was going to do my threshold application this September, but will now be on maternity leave so have to wait another year :o

The fact that the round 10 application form is still available despite the closing date being ages ago suggests it's not been updated yet. Keep looking!

I thought that decisions to go through threshold are now based on the outcomes of your last 2 year's performance management. I don't think there is any form filling to do now. The head at my old school went through this with us on the first day of the academic year it changed, which would have been Sept 2009. Maybe check with your headteacher. Could all have changed again..this is the education system after all!

Yes it has changed - my head tried to put me through last September (epic fail on her part, wasn't eligable yet she convinced me I was) But yes, threshold is now based on your last two years of performance management reviews, however you still have to submit a very brief application form type thing that acknowledges your request to be submitted and is signed off by the head if I remember correctly.

I'm eligible (finally) this year after 2 years PM. As I had a couple of years out, I had to wait for my 2 cycles of PM - the Head has told me she will put me through and put me up on to the threshold payment for September. No mention of a form unlike colleagues in previous years have had to do thankfully but have had a target for attainment in my PM which I have to achieve by the end of the year - think this is a school wide thing and not just me :o for my Threshold.

Edited by Guest