Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Me Again: Goldilocks And 3 Bears

Hi there everyone. i'm being observed weds for an hour teaching rec. And we will be focusing on Goldilocks and the three bears. I ran this post earlier this evening and got some really excellent ideas. Now the thread I started, has disappeared from the right hand side column on the homepage, and not sure anyone will revisit it, so…..just wanted to run this past you to see what you think about this lesson obs idea. What do you think of the idea of getting my reception chn in a small grp, to make a new chair for baby bear? or getting them to think about the three chairs/beds and make in the creative area. They will need to think about the materials they would use. ie hard for daddy bear, soft for mummy bear...just right for baby bear ...their choice of fabric? Or another idea....using clay make the three bowls for the bears. And then as the evening has gone on….i thought maybe getting the chn to bring in their teddy and create a bed to fit it. There will be lots of measuring etc and of course the bears will be all different sizes which means when the beds are finished we can order them in size? Any ideas or thoughts would be very much appreciated xxxxx

hi popcorn, if you had added to your previous thread it would have appeared in the last 20 post box. People navigate the forum in lots of different ways so I am sure it would not have been overlooked but who knows!?

Anyway, I think your ideas are great but do think about your organisation? Are all the children going to do this at once? Are your children good at working collaboratively or would you ask them to choose which bed they are going to make? What will they make the beds with?

I think you need some bears to make beds for so bringing in their own teddies will give them something concrete to focus on otherwise have you got 3 bears of various sizes that you can use?

I would think you need to make sure you are not teaching too many skills all at the same time or there will be no focus for your activity.

Have fun and good luck.