Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq C7

Hi everyone,I hope someone might be able to guide me down the right track on these two questions, I've read the guidance notes and the ones on this site to no avail and i have to have this unit in by thursday.

1.Explain the significance of the bond between parents and their children and comment on the role parents play in their childrens welfare and development.

2.State how a childcare worker can help support and promote this role.

Thankyou in advance for any help

Sam : :o

Hi Sam, welcome

1.Explain the significance of the bond between parents and their children and comment on the role parents play in their childrens welfare and development.

Read up on "Bowlby" theories on bonding.

"Parents are childrens 1st educators"

Welfare - think about childrens basic welfare needs and how they are met at home, depending on parents abilities (own childhood experiences), social/economic situation, etc

Development- Think about the influence parents have on their child, ie: attitudes, confidence, intellectual development ( stimulating interaction at home), Language development ( do they talk to, with or "at" their children), do they read books with them etc

2.State how a childcare worker can help support and promote this role.

Think about the relationship we have with parents, your policies on parents as partners, what this means in terms of supporting parenting skills, sharing information on childs development and needs, including parents in the planning of childrens experiences at preschool and then followed on at home etc

These are just a few quick, 1st thoughts, hope it helps you get going. Good luck

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)