Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Santas Sack

Beau

Sorry hali! Things got a little hectic with vistors, visiting, shopping, wrapping and travelling. Here are the final questions though.

post-64-1293222986_thumb.jpg

22. If you solve the anagram you'll find one of the ingredients in Mulled Wine.

ISN'T MANIC CONK

Men are like fine wine. They all start out like grapes, and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something with which you'd like to have dinner with.

The digital story of nativity

post-64-1293224380_thumb.jpg

24. Search the forum to find baby jesus.

Don't forget to track Santa

It was coming up to Christmas and Sammy asked his mum if he could have a new bike. So, she told him that the best idea would be to write to Santa Claus. But Sam, having just played a vital role in the school nativity play, said he would prefer to write to the baby Jesus. So his mum told him that would be fine.

Sam went to his room and wrote ' Dear Jesus, I have been a very good boy and would like to have a bike for Christmas.' But he wasn't very happy when he read it over. So he decided to try again and this time he wrote 'Dear Jesus, I'm a good boy most of the time and would like a bike for Christmas.' He read it back and wasn't happy with that one either. He tried a third version. 'Dear Jesus, I could be a good boy if I tried hard and especially if I had a new bike.' He read that one too, but he still wasn't satisfied.

So, he decided to go out for a walk while he thought about a better approach. After a short time he passed a house with a small statue of the Virgin Mary in the front garden. He crept in, stuffed the statue under his coat, hurried home and hid it under the bed. Then he wrote this letter. 'Dear Jesus, If you want to see your mother again, you'd better send me a new bike.'

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that there is still time to have a go at any of the questions in our Santas Sack. Anyone who has sent me an answer or posted a poem is eligible for a prize. :o Names will be drawn randomly on Monday.

Answers for you :o

1. Which English author wrote the childrens book 'The Snowman'?

Raymond Briggs

2. We all know who the fellow above is but can you tell me what type of bird is seen on my bird feeder at this time of year?

Nuthatch

3. Today there is an anagram to solve! Using the picture as a clue, rearrange the letters for a line from a well known Christmas Carol. Just tell me what the line is and the name of the Carol it comes from. smile.gif

JOY! SO STEALTHIEST NOBLE

Tis the season to be jolly

4. Make up a poem/verse that includes the word star and post it in this thread.

Thanks to those who did!

5. According to tradition, the best time to make this Christmas dessert is on the last Sunday before Advent. By what name is this day known as?

Stir-up Sunday

6. Can you name the 8 reindeer that are mentioned in the classic poem, Twas the Night Before Christmas?

Now, Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now, Prancer, and Vixen!

On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Donder and Blitzen!

7. Using the picture as a clue, unscramble the letters to find some one we might think about at Christmas.

CENSOR BREEZE EGO

Ebenezer Scrooge

8. Time to pull a Christmas Cracker but typically the little toy has flown off somewhere and you'll have to hunt for it. Hidden somewhere in the forum is a picture of your cracker toy - all you have to do is find it and pm me telling me what it is!

Whats in the cracker?

9. "A time for living, a time for believing. A time for trusting, not deceiving" Name the song and the artist.

Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard

10. Name this fir tree one of which is the tallest tree in this country.

Douglas Fir

11. Slightly convoluted clue but one of my favourite films is Shrek, which also has a donkey in it. Solve the anagram below to find the link with the donkey in Shrek.

I'M RUDE, HYPED

Eddie Murphy

12. You look in your stocking and find what? Search the forum to find one of your stocking presents.

Whats in your stocking?

13. There are 9 types of Angels mentioned in the bible, can you name 3?

Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels, Angels

14. Another rhyme or limerick this time - anything to do with gifts or wrapping.

Thanks to anyone who did one.

15. We've all heard of Big Ben, but can you identify this famous bell?

Liberty Bell

16. Mince pies nowadays are a lovely sweet treat but they didn't start out that way. What meat would you once have found in your 'Christmas Pie'?

Mutton, tongue, tripe and beef were favourites!

17. The 3 wise men from the east offered gold, frankincense, and myrrh to Jesus in Bethlehem. If you do a forum search you might find another gift hidden somewhere.

Missing gift

18. Candy canes are a favourite Christmas sweet. Rearrange the letters to find another.

CHAOTIC CONSOLE

Chocolate coins

19. What was the song Jingle Bells originally named?

One Horse Open Sleigh

20. Which Christmas film does this scene come from and extra points if you can name the actors.

White Christmas / Holiday Inn and the actors were Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby

21. Name that Christmas song

a) Exuberance directed to the planet

Joy to the world

b ) Homo sapien of crystallized vapour

Frosty the snowman

c ) Quadruped with crimson proboscis

Rudolf the red nosed reindeer

22. If you solve the anagram you'll find one of the ingredients in Mulled Wine.

ISN'T MANIC CONK

Cinnamon stick

23. The Christmas connection to poinsettias comes from a legend from which country?

Mexico

24. Search the forum to find baby jesus.

Baby Jesus