Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weather Along My Way.... To Glasgow!

We're leaving the West Midlands approx 6am tomorrow and heading north along the

M6 (194 miles)... then

A74 (M) 48.8m then...

M74 (29.2m) then

M73, M8 and M77 for the last 14.1 miles...

If anyone knows how the weather (and by that I mean snow xD ) is at any point I'd LOVE to know!

We've packed the "just in case" supplies including the sledge, a St Bernard dog, a carrot for the snowman's nose..... :o

We won't be risking life and limb but really feel we at least have to try to get there, God willing!!

All and any feedback welcome, thanks!

Nona

Hi Nona

I'm in Bradford which is in the middle of the country half way between east and west coasts. All we have had is the lightest of snow flurries and to the west of us is clear. However it is VERY cold so car battery needs to be fully charged, windscreens are frosting up so get antifreeze in the washer bottle etc

Local news is not forecasting snow for us so stick to the west side of the country roads as I know York to the east has had snow. I'm sure you'll hit snow at somepoint but it is north of us

Edited by Guest

Hi Nona

How did you get on Friday....did you try and make the journey, did you make it and have you managed to get home.

Hope all is well

Sue x

Bless you, Sue! thanks for asking...

We made the journey on Friday in extremely cold but otherwise fabulous conditions. It was -5 when we left home but got warmer the further north we travelled and we didn't see a single flake of snow.

In fact it was one of the quickest trips to Glasgow I've ever done - just over 5 hours there and 5.5 back - including a meal break and a comfort stop each time. I can only assume that more sensible people stayed home :o

The funeral went well, and so many staff from the care home where my Great Auntie lived came along - which was lovely. I'm glad we made it - it would have made a difficult day worse for my Mum and Aunt if we hadn't all been there.

The journey DID remind me why my sister drives me nuts in a confined space though xD with her encouragement my daughter has come up with plans for her Prom which include spray tans, eyelash extensions, acrylic nails (my sister is a beauty therapist!) AND they found and ate the "emergency" chocolate in the first hour of the journey....... :(

Nona

So glad you got there and back safe and sound.

Sounds though the prom could be expensive though....I have one of each and for my son in the summer it was easy he just worn a suit he already had however in a couple of years when it is my daughters turn I don't think I will get away so lightly :o