Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Craft Club With Reception

Hi everyone,

just wondered if any of you clever inspiring people could help me with some brilliant (and easy!) ideas please. I have some how been roped into running an after school craft club for my reception class... Starting tomorrow! I'm not the most creative of people to begin with but do have a cupboard full of the usual sparkly exciting stuff that they love and usual art supplies.

It only lasts 45mins and I have 11 children (and a helper thankfully). Can anyone set the ball rolling on our first weeks creation please? Ideally I'd like something they can take away at the end of the session.

Any help will be greatly received as baby brain has officially kicked in now... Otherwise the poor things are going to spend 45 mins doing hand printing ha ha!!

Thank you in advance

julie x

What about printing with different things to see what effects they can make? We did fruit and vegetables recently which worked well and the children were eager to see what else they could print with afterwards. Possibly couldn't take them away though as they would have to be left to dry, particularly those who are a little more enthusiastic with their application of the paint.

Edited by Guest

I would relate it to the time of year, that way you have any easy supply of ideas through the year.

It's harvest time, so the fruit printing now.

Leaf stuff when they start to fall.

Then pumpkin related craft at halloween.

Snow stuff at Xmas.

And so on!