Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Morning Work

Hi all,

Well I've had the children in for one day and it went very well! I've spent all afternoon planning tomorrow and need some help?!

I have changed things this year in my Reception class and I'm opening the door ten minutes before the beginning of the session to encourage parents to bring their children in!

My question is: what do you put out for the children to do whilst the parents are there? I am planning that the children will come in and use the continuous provision for the first half an hour while I observe, however the children aren't used to helping themselves to things yet and so need to come in to activities and they need to be simple! The area I am really struggling with is the workshop!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I just put out table top activities, and some construction or small world toys on th carpet. Children can also use the book corner, writing area, role-play or computers but the workshop (creative area) is closed as it gets messy and children don't really have long enough to finish their master pieces. I don't think you need to have everything available at this time as its awful to stop the children when they are in full flow of making somthing! But think its great to have parents coming in with children in the morning. x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)