Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Suitable Person 'interview' What To Expect?

Hi all,

I am the Playleader of a small pack-away preschool. i started in May and am coping fine, but Ofsted have been so pushy!! They wanted to come out on Friday to my home!! but I said its not convienient as last day of holidays for my kids and had noone to watch them! Then they tried to say coming Monday..but its the 1st day back, got new starters with parents in tow...and my 1 permanent staff member (my deputy) is not in as got christening!! So just me and volunteer!

Anyway they are coming Tuesday!!

And they want to see my operational plan!!??? I don't have one!!

I am an EYP, I'm fully aware of the EYFS, but my predecessor had 'given up' months beofre she left and the place was in a real state!!

So i've had a lot to sort and perhaps it might not appear I've made much progress but I liek to think we have :)

HELP!!!

Oh pet, don't panic. Just be honest with them and explain that you know there are gaps in paperwork etc. So long as you are aware of what needs doing they can't expect you to do miracles over night. At mine they were more concerned in my capabilities, safeguarding training, health and safety of premises etc than anything to do with children and their learning. If you do a search on here there have been quite a few threads about what others were asked. Make sure you have your crb, id etc.

Ps I started in May as leader of a packaway setting too!

Good luck

Oh pet, don't panic. Just be honest with them and explain that you know there are gaps in paperwork etc. So long as you are aware of what needs doing they can't expect you to do miracles over night. At mine they were more concerned in my capabilities, safeguarding training, health and safety of premises etc than anything to do with children and their learning. If you do a search on here there have been quite a few threads about what others were asked. Make sure you have your crb, id etc.

Ps I started in May as leader of a packaway setting too!

Good luck

Thanks so much :)

I tried searching but couldn't find anything...can anyone help me find it?

Jeepers!!

Just tried searching for operational plan and found a link in the Inspections section...

its about 3 sides of a4!!!! is this really all needed?

Or do I just have to know where to point them to?

Lucie

Have just been and looked up operational plan in the resources section, it sounds like our EYFS/Ofsted file so we do have a similar thing, panic over. Luciebythesea so long as you have your policies and procedures and know where to find things that are relevant to your setting running smoothly I wouldn't worry. You've got enough to do without writing/putting one together at short notice. Relax you'll be ok. x

I agree with everyone else, don't worry. IF you have the time, it might be an idea to do a simple Action Plan listing things you are planning to do in your setting, by whom and by when and the reason why - this way Ofsted can see that although you may not have all the paperwork (or anything else) as you would like it to be, you are aware it needs attending to.

You are an EYP and as such Ofsted will see that you have the children's interests firmly imbeded in your practice - they want to see 'what is it like for a child in this setting', and that you as 'a suitable person' are able to provide the means for the setting to meet their needs.

Keep Calm and Carry On :o

Good luck for Tuesday

Edited by Guest

Hi,

I had my interview a couple of months ago. I had the Ofsted lady come to my house. I was really nervous because she inspected the pre school before, and soon as I took over< she wanted to interview me! The interview lasted for 2 hours, it went quickly. She asked me lots and lots of questions so as long as you EYFS welfare requirements its not a porblem! She checked my qualifications, typed this into her computer, asked questions about the curriculum, environment, welfare requirements, child protection policies, safeguarding- everything! Make sure you know your policies inside and out as well! Hope this helps and good luck. Dont worry it will be fine .

Thank you,

I'm not any less nervous!! I know policies, because they are very similar to everywhere else but confeess to not hvaing read them with a fine tooth comb, there's just been too much else to do!!

We have builders in the church, where we use the vestry at the back, so there are LOADS of H&S issues at present!!

oh well...worst can happen is we get triggered for inspection which is due anyway!!

Thank you,

I'm not any less nervous!! I know policies, because they are very similar to everywhere else but confeess to not hvaing read them with a fine tooth comb, there's just been too much else to do!!

We have builders in the church, where we use the vestry at the back, so there are LOADS of H&S issues at present!!

oh well...worst can happen is we get triggered for inspection which is due anyway!!

I have brought home the polocies file and am going through it, but need my bed too :o

• 3 weeks later...