Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Order Of Units

Beau

This is really a question for the assessors amongst us. :) I just wondered if you had a preferred order that you give the units to your candidates or whether you leave it up to them to decide. The training provider I am with starts candidates on C2, C3 and then C11. After that it is really up to the candidate and their own preference. I know that different places up and down the country have their own preferred way of working and would just be interested to find out what works for you. :D

Hi Carol!

I personally like to get E3 in really early on - it's the environment after all- and gets lots of policies procedures etc in the ring for future cross-referencing

There's my bit, come back later with more?

Sue :D

Hello Carol!

I prefer to go with C2 and C3 to start as they're pretty easy going, but I might try to get the student to have done C16 before C11 as the identification of an individual's language development can be done in C16 and then carried over to C11.1 and also M7.2 which involves planning for an individual's needs.

C11 and C10 are such core units that they're great to do fairly early on though, as you then have lots of evidence to cross reference with other units.

Choice units such as P8 or M8 are great to do with the mandatory equivalent such as P2 and M7 because they match up really well in terms of cross referencing.

Kristina :o (so looking forward to a quick easter break!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)