Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Praise- Positive Re-enforcement

I've just had a new idea, instead of smiley sticker badges. :)

We use these for "rewards" throughout the session, but I have been aware that some children may not get them as often as others- unfair :o

Last week a child went to my draw and got a sticker for himself and handed them out to other children who thought they should have one :D

Trouble was, most of them ended up on the floor.

So, I'm, going to laminate a few, get the children to make a well done necklace, and then these can be worn when deserved. I will have them in a basket for self selection. I will then teach the children that they can award them to themselves and their peers, if they think they deserve it. Of course they will have to tell me why they deserve one. All to be handed in at home time, replaced by a sticky one to take home. :D

Peggy

Maybe I could have some Sad, Angry, proud, etc necklaces for the children to learn more about other emotions and "communicate" how they feel.

I love it, Peggy :D Let us know how it goes...

Being fair with stickers is really hard because it's yet another thing to try and monitor. We give out special certificates each week and keep a record of those.

I am also trying hard to remember to put smiley stickers on to a label so that I can write what the sticker has been awarded for and date it (helps parents and other staff in school).

Brilliant idea Peggy!

I can imagine having to give the necklaces in at the end of the session being difficult, but I'm sure the children will get the hang of it.

It sounds as if there is a lot of work you can do with the whole concept of the necklaces - self-esteem, self-worth and self-evaluation.

I'[ll be very interested to hear how you get on.

Maz

Yes, Peggy,

I agree with the others!

By the way, any feedback from your research?

Sue  :D

27602[/snapback]

Now we are at end of term, I look forward to doing it at the weekend.

peggy