Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job Hunting Tips

Hi blue here

This may seen like a silly post but i have never worked with childrenin the uk and i have looked at the article on job interviews so i am scared now

I am due to move back from Germany in August. Before i moved to germany 5 years ago i had never worked with children found i loved it got qualified and worked in both FS1 and FS2. So i would like some tips on where i start to look for a job. I know the job centre and maybe the council etc but i am unsure about agencys private nurserys etc. Does anybody work for an agency or a private nursery? I would like to work for the NHS.

So please any guidance would be helpfull

Thankyou from a scared blue :o

The publication "Nursery World" carries job adverts some from NHS settings. You could also try any local EYDCP web site.

Good luck

Peggy

Oh no, I didn't write the article to frighten anyone! :o

Just to get you really well prepared for an interview.

An agency that always sends me details of staff is Windsor Recruitment. I'm in the south, and don't know how big an area they cover.

The best places to look are the press (local and national), and EYDCP websites, and Nursery World as Peggy has just said. If you know where you are going to be living, you could write or telephone the surrounding nurseries directly; numbers in the phone book or obtainable from the Childcarelink website.

Good luck and be positive!