Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Often Do You Fill In Fsp Data In Reception

Guest Cathryn1974

Guest Cathryn1974

Hi

Am just reading up on EYFS profile. Do any of you complete FSP data for your children at other times of the year as well as in the summer or do you just do the development bands and FSPs in the summer only?

Just wondered how everyone did this? Also, in Nursery do you just do the bands or start the FSPs?

Hope this makes sense.

Looking forward to your pearls of wisdom.

Cat XXXXX :o

The reception teachers in my school fill in the profile throughout the year in order to show progress and also it makes the task a lot less time consuming than trying to consider all 117 (or so) scale points times 30 children at the end of the year!

I teach in the nursery and no, I don't fill in profile points for my children.

I work in reception and we also fill it in at the end of each term to show progression. Our Nursery tracks the children on the developmental bands. Before they start in reception the nursery teacher very kindly highlights any of the profile points the children have achieved (mainly 1-3) which helps us to 'hit the ground running' in September.

We are a 3 term entry and as we only had the new children for 33 days last year before we had to send in the profile I am very lucky and the Nursery teacher fills in any of the profile points she has evidence for.

We fill in the EYFSP each half term whichg makes it manegeable.

S

I also fill in the profile each half term to show progress. It also helps inform my planning to meet particular gaps. The profile should only be used in children's last year of EYFS so not nursery unless or course they are in their final year of EYFS if they start school later in the year as a summer born child. K x

We fill it in just after October half term, just after February half-term and then just after May half-term which is about when the county has to have the data in. Our head likes the info so he can keep track of where the children are so that he has a good overview of the cohort.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)