Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents

I have had 2 unconnected parents bring their children into nursery today. Both said "he/she wasnt well last night, he/she had a temperature and a temperature this morning so they've had Calpol". Fortunately my Snr NN said on both occasions told the parents that the child couldn't come in and explained why. One parent left in tears and the 2nd who was dad said "I'm sick of this place, she's always catching something".................................that's because people like him bring their sick child into nursery!!!!!!!!!!!! AARRGGHH

This one child we sent home 2 weeks ago with a v high temeperature, mum rushed her up to A&E, turns out she had a viral infection but mum told me off saying she wanted calling before it got high?! Therefore we were taking no chances today, apart from the fact by letting them stay would have been against our policy!!!

I know parents have to work and I know children get ill at inconvenient times, been there done that!! Is it just me or do others get annoyed/frustrated etc too??

most definately

once sent a child away at opening time as they were very sick with us the previous day and our policy is 48hrs!

we are just a preschool and get a lot of 11am illness, when the calpol has worn off! and when picking up then they say "wasnt well last night"

have also had a child say quite proudly i was sick in my breakfast this morning!!! soon sent them home

we dont have a high amount of working parents but those who dont work are just the same! need to pop to town etc!!!

find it annoying as we then get loads of illness etc.

:oxD:( Parents - don't you just LOVE them!!!!

I think my favourites are the ones who say "can you have them for an hour or so and then phone me at work to say they're ill?"

or perhaps "but your home is like their second home so they'll be happy to be with you!"

Nona

I think the worst we have is when a little chap opens his lunchbox and there's a calpol sachet in there.

He then tells me he was ill last night and mum gave him calpol before school.

This has happened twice now, but needless to say he doesn't get given it!

Jackie.

I think the worst we have is when a little chap opens his lunchbox and there's a calpol sachet in there.

:o blimey!! poor little soul xD

Nona

We wouldn't give him any calpol without a signed form from the parents,

My "blimey" was aimed at the parents NOT the setting - sorry if that wasn't clear! :o

I continue to be amazed by the antics of some parents - I've had children arrive when parents have given them Calpol beforehand, or with it in their bag when I've picked them up from Nursery with a note to say "please give them some at lunchtime" but never (so far!) with a sachet to self-administer!

Nona

yes we have the same. Half of our children have gone down with chickenpox since christmas. one parent bought their child in just before home time for us to see if the spots had scabbed over enought for him to come back the next day.

Parents would soon complain if their was not enough staff as they were all ill.

buttercup

Guest Spiral

Sadly, we have those who seem to get sick from thier mouldy lunchboxes too!! YUK!!!!

Parents are fine - it's their training and understanding that makes them intolerable sometimes - I am a parent and I have to be careful when stood waiting for my child to finish school as other parents seek me out for advice to collaborate their stories :o

Spiral.