Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Message For Brankica

Hi Brankica

I noticed you are from Germany, and I was wondering if you could give me some help with something. At the minute I am trying to write an essay on the types of training/teacher education and child care training and professional development early years practitioners receive in Europe and internationally.

So, if you would'nt mind me asking you a few questions about your training, let me know. Or if you'd rather not, then that's ok.

Hope to hear from you soon

Goldilocks

hi, Goldilocks

Of course I don't mind, only I am not sure that I will be from great help, but we will See.

I am working on same curriculum like you I think, but send your questions and I will see what I can do

That's great Brankica

What I wanted to ask is:

(1) In Germany, what type of teacher training do early years teachers have to do, and how long do they have to study for?

(2) Do you have Day Care facilities for children aged 0-3, for instance, and what type of training do staff have to do, and how long for?

(3) In Your nursery schools and Day Care facilities, what ratios of adults to children do you have to have?

If you can answer any of these that would be a great help - Thanks again!!

Goldilocks

Goldilock; I am working for British based setting (Army) . I can answer you questiones, but I got impresion that you think that I am working in German Kindergarten. sorry for this, but let me know and if you still want me I will send you answers

Hi Brankica

That would be great if you were able to answer any of the questions - you would probably still know more than me about training etc. If not then don't worry about it.

Talk to you soon

Goldilocks

Hi, Goldilocks

Answer 1:

We have to have certain number of unqualified staff and some number of qualified staff.

Most people in my setting have done or working to odds NVQ3. We have Education Center where we go on Study days and courses.

NVQ3 should be done in 5 years time, but if you didn't start after 3 years they could take it away from you. All courses are founded. NVQ is through CASHH.

Firs aid course last 5 days and is really hard to get on it because it is only few times a year and the numbers are limited. I think we are founded from SCE.

2. We have Creches and is preffered if you have or working odds to NVQ or DPP, but is not condition. They self-founded and not in such nice position like Foundation settings.

I am not sure about their training.

3. In my setting ratio is 1-7 (3-4 years) .

Hope this will help! :)