Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psrn/cll

Hi guys just a real quick question and just need a little clarification please.

I have been teaching reception since September and i'm loving it.....so far while teaching them psrn, i have had them all gather round on the carpet, me included, and i do a little input, makig it practical and of course a level appropriate for each child. Once we have finished on the carpet, the chn go off & engage in self chosen activities. I have now realised, that we are half way through the year, and up to now the chn havent done any 'work' as in follow up work to the teaching activity at all.

After the input is it a good idea to have small groups to work with a TA or myself to consolidate?

Same as for CLL, Ihavent prepared any work with the children where they go off to their tables after carpet input to tackle their new learning and to check they understand.

Would be really grateful to hear what you guys are doing out there

xx

I would say that having small group guided work is extremely important during reception for PSRN and CLL. Unless you have an extremely small class it's difficult to target enough of your carpet work at all levels of ability so small group time is the ideal opportunity for this. Also this is the time when you're more likely to pick up on misconceptions at the individual level and move the children forward in their learning.