Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone From York?

Tigger

Hi, I am off for my annual trip away without husbands, children or learning journeys with my oldest friends, we have known each other since our first day at Primary School! As we are now spread all over the country and therefore only meet once or twice a year these weekends on the second weekend of the half term are very important to us. We obviously want to eat well, drimk well and shop giving us plenty of time to catch up but has anyone any ideas of a must do for us girls ??

We are staying in a hotel very close to the train station and will be carless

Any ideas?

Thanks Sharon

It has to be bettys tea rooms! Quite expensive, but is a lovely cake and cup of tea. The ghost walks are good, but try and get on a funny one, and one is very serious. The big Pizza Express is very good... I could go on, went to uni in York so spent 4 years there.

Hope you have a good time

:)

To eat well, there is a restaurant on Goodramgate called the Limehouse. My hubbie and I went a few years back, and then I went for my hen-do with a big group. The food is absolutely superb.

If there are more than 10 of you, then they do a set menu that you need to book and pre-order in advance. Google them and you can read the menus. I'd highly recommend it!

We love Cafe Concerto on High Petergate which is very near the proper entrance to the Minster. Fantastic cakes, lunches and evening meals. It gets busy in the day though and we book at night. You will find their number if you Google them. Have fun I love York my daughter is at St John's Uni so we are spending quite alot of time there, loads to do and see.