Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cll Help - Again

Hi everyone

We are really trying to sort our Literacy planning out and I just wanted to know what you all cover (aspects of Literacy) in a week in Reception with regards to Literacy planning. How often do you do guided reading, guided writing and speaking and listening activities? How often do the chn write in CLL time? - (we have lots of opportunities for writing through writing table, role play etc...just wonderin how much adult focussed time is planned for writing.) Hope this makes sense. Would it be possible to see examples of your weekly plans so I can see how you cover the different aspects of Literacy. Need help/reassurance doing e right thing!

Thanks in advance

I do a CLL session everyday in my Reception class with an adult led activity by me in one area (either Guided reading or writing or role play etc) and have opportunities for all areas of CLL linked to each area of my classroom. If I have a TA she will either observe children around the room or also have a focus group- depending on the activities really. I tend to make sure I have some reading, writing, phonics, role play, ICT, Fine motor, creative, sand and water matched to my topic for every CLL lesson.

E.g. Last week we did a rhyming text and on one day I had a group finding rhyming pairs out my magic bag and we continued a rhyming string around the circle, my TA was with another group cutting and sticking rhyming pairs looking closely at the letters, we had rhyming puzzles, props to act out the rhyming text, making rhyming spells and potions in our potions lab, a rhyming game on the Interactive Whiteboard and hidden objects that rhymed in the sand and water.

Hope this helps :o

That sounds really good and was very helpful. I feel we are a little too formal and I am trying to change things. Would it be possible to see your planning from last week just so I can see it written as a plan...it all sounds very good. Thanks for your reply.

I do phonics every day but other than that I do one guided reading a week and one guided writing a week. Speaking and listening activities are fitted into most things so done daily. And lots of opportunities for writing and reading in the continuous provision daily. x

I would just like to ask KST how many adult led jobs do you manage to fit in the day? I was finding this a problem so have gone back to having adult led jobs in the morning and CI all afternoon. I would love to hear how your timetable works.

XXX

I have one adult led activity in the morning and one in the afternoon. One adult takes the activity in small groups whilst the other children choose, and the other adult models and observes etc. Its is a bit tight to get through all 5 groups in a morning but I manage it! Sometimes get the 2nd adult to do a group too if running out of time. Same in the afternoon. Really like the way its works but having recently read 'Learning, Playing and Interacting in Early Years' document which does not advocate takng children away from their child initiated learning, I am thinking of how to change it!!

I have posted my time table on here before but here it is again as have slightly adapted it now all children are full time.. I currently do a carpet session first thing which relates to the adult led session for the morning and phonics just before lunch. After lunch I do a very brief carpet session (or not depending what activity is). At the end of the day we review what the children have been 'choosing to learn' during their child intitiated time and a story. Generally have literacy and numeracy in the mornings and PE and topic in the afternoons.

Hope that makes sense, would be interested to read what others are doing too! And any feedback on my timetable!! xx

New_Timetable_Spring_term.doc

Edited by KST

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)