Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play Toys

We have the topic of toys starting next term......was wondering if anyone had any ideas about a suitable role play area?

We had a Santa's workshop before CHristmas, so my earlier thoughts of a toy factory will be very similar!

Do any of you lovely people have any nice ideas??

:D

We've just been through this the other day with someone else! It was between Christmas and New year but not sure where it is.....

I suggested a toy/dolls/bear hospital and lots of other things, also washing dolls etc. You could get the children to wash ALL the toys!! That would save you a job!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that was me-our topic for creative curriculum this half term is Toys.

We are having a Toy shop and everything will be 1p-adding 1+1+1 etc

Part of it will be a work shop area with loads of junk modelling and diff ways to fasten boxes etc together.

Making pop up and shadow puppets-use smartboard to do shows.

Make robots/draw around shapes to make robot pictures to bring in shape.

Read books inc The Teddy Robber, Blue Kangaroo books, Old Bear stories.

Use clips from Toy Story to inspire!-hot seat characters?

Bring favourite toy to "toys picnic"

Some good stuff on Sparklebox too! :o

Some good stuff on Sparklebox too! :o

Hi susiepink and welcome to the forum. xD Many members, yourself included, may not have seen this news here depending on how you access the forum. It might be an idea to read it before deciding whether or not to continue using that particular site. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)