Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Committee Run Pre-schools

Hi

I know someone where on this forum there is a thread about how you can operate a pre-school without the parent committee, we are committee run and i'm having terrible problems at the moment with no one wanting to be committee members, my chair has just resigned as well, so i thought i would look into the alternatives, i know i read something on here about this before but i cant find it... does anyone know where it is or have any expereince of moving away from a committee run pre-school?

Edited by Guest

I have been on a brilliant course all about this!!!! You are not alone and neither was I on the course, there were 5 other preschools their with the same problem all about a 15 minute drive from mine!!!

Your current committee can opt to become a Community Interest Company. It is very cheap and relatively easy to do, and you don't have to shut down etc. It can be set up before your charity is dissolved for as little as £35.

There is loads of information on HERE.

I hope this is of use. And good luck on your quest to be FREE!!!!!! :o