Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Key People

Was on a course on Friday where they advised that all settings should have a key person display because of the emphasise on safeguarding. The children in our Nursery are split into 3 key groups which is indicated on their coat labels by a picture. Currently the key person is responsible for long obs and keeping up to date with the learning journals for their key children as well as occassionally doing a key group activity. Does anyone else have a key person display and what goes on your display? Also as a Nursery class within a school, as the teacher, I have to take responsibility for assessment, parents evenings and reports as TAs are not paid for this (although I do make sure they have as much input as possible) so I'm not sure how to explain this to the parents in a display? Any ideas please!

Thanks

Green Hippo xx

afternoon green hippo, ours is a church school and we call our key workers guardian angels. Hanging from the celing i have an angel outline with the key worker and names of the children and hanging next the them their faces on stars, x

We are a preschool and have seven staff who work a variety of days and children who also have a variable attendance pattern. We have flower shapes with key persons named picture in centre and named children's pictures around on petals. This is displayed at child height and the children ove finding themselves and their friends and saying on whose flower they appear. Our staffing/attendance patterns make it difficult to do key group activities but we endeavour to make as close a relationship as possible with child and parents. We also have a buddie system but don't display this.

korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)