Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pie Corbett Story Telling

Has anyone got a Pie Corbett style nativity story?

I had a go at writing my own last night which I'll copy below and would appreciate any comments from you experienced storytellers out there. But if anyone had a tried and tested version then that would be great!

A simplified Christmas Story

Once upon a time there lived Mary and Joseph who were going to have a special baby called Jesus.

Early one morning they woke and went outside where they saw some soldiers.

The soldiers said “You must go to Bethlehem”.

So Mary, Joseph and their donkey went.

They walked and they walked and they walked and they walked until they got to Bethlehem.

It was busy so Joseph said “Who will help us find a room?”

“No room here” said the first innkeeper,

“No room here” said the second innkeeper,

“No room here” said the third innkeeper “but we do have a stable”

Joseph said “thank you”

They waited and they waited and they waited until Jesus was born.

An angel told some shepherds about Jesus.

So they walked and they walked and they walked and they walked until they got to Bethlehem.

A big star told some kings about Jesus.

So they walked and they walked and they walked and they walked until they got to Bethlehem.

Everyone was pleased to see the special baby called Jesus and the kings gave him special gifts.

Thank you xxx

I like your version. I did Jesus' Christmas Party story last year in this style. It is quite good for repetition as the inkeeper got out of bed, goes down stairs, opens the door 3 or so times. And of course the 'round the back' bit.

Both ideas sound fab!

could you post your version Phil? cheeky I know!

We adore PCorbetts story telling method and this would be a good one to do leading up to Christmas - the method really embeds the stories in their minds!

Thanx

hi all. Pie corbet's method sounds interesting and i would love to have a go...could someone explain his story telling method please? thanks x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)