Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Card Making Open Session

I seem to remember that someone last year [i think!] had a great idea about inviting paretns into the setting to make cards with their children. I'd like to think this one through to see if I could do it here, but unfortunately can't find the reelvant post! Does it ring a bell with anyone?

We (whole school) have an open to all christmas craft morning although in nursery its all day :( .Each class sets up 4/5 activities with an instruction card in the middle of the table for visiting adults. Mince pies are served in the staffroom at break for all the visitors. It's a long standing tradition we brought from our closed school to the new amalgamated school.The formula is one craft for-something for class or whole school tree, to stand on a window sill, wreath, for a wall and we have sometimes set a theme ie Robins, Angels, Snowmen. We print off sheets of sticky labels with the children names for each table so visitors aren't worried about mishearing or spelling a name. The next morning (when all the glue and paint has dried) all TA's are released from classrooms and with children decorate the school.We usually go for as close to the beginning of December as we can.Staff children and visitors wear tinsel, flashing earrings, antlers etc and some dodgy festive music is played so the whole school seems to be singing.The crafts from each year group are shared around the school so nursery will have some year 3 work and we will have some of our work in year 6 xD

LOVE IT!!! but very tiring.It's amazing the differing ideas that are produced. This year we have new milk containers a bit like an Actimel bottle and they are already ear marked for angels with tinsel and dollies to go on window sills :o

Edited by Guest

LOVE IT!!! but very tiring.It's amazing the differing ideas that are produced. This year we have new milk containers a bit like an Actimel bottle and they are already ear marked for angels with tinsel and dollies to go on window sills :o

I might have to start saving my actimel bottles - I love that idea!

Some great ideas biccy! I was really looking for cards but I'm noting your ideas & seeing if that would work instead. I'm beginning to think I dreamt up the card - making session; I've looked through the Christmas forum but haven't spotted it. I just wanted to be able to timetable something in before half term!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)