Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Reading Meeting- Helping Your Child To Read.

Hello,

I'm trying to organise a meeting for parents to come in and get tips on how to read with their children at home and help their children to read.

Has anyone done one beofre and got any good ideas in addition to showing a PP presentation?

Also has anyone got any good Power Point presentations they have used that they could share with me.

As an NQT I would really appreciate any help

xxx

I haven't got anything because our English Manager does it but she always shows the parents some foreign text, arabic, mandarin etc... to show what it is like for the children when learning to read, it can be like a lot of shapes etc... Makes the point very well. She then talks about our phonics programme and how this helps with the decoding etc...

Trying to upload mine now. Also had some info in a pack to give out. Some good info on lancashire grid for learning eg reading tips for parents. Also some useful websites. Felt meeting went well. I have taken out the photos on pp before uploading. Hope it helps.

reading_meeting___Copy.pptx

Edited by Mumm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)