Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ballet

emmajess

My little girl has been to a ballet class that has come in to her nursery school once a week for the past year. They do a little ballet, some of the Sticky Kids stuff and she's really enjoyed it. I don't know whether she's particularly good at it, but I know she loves it and now she's leaving nursery to go to school, we want to find a ballet class for her. The people who come in to the nursery do a next level class which apparently is Cecchetti ballet - I know very little about ballet and just wondered if this would be a good ballet class for Rosa? Does anyone have any tips on what i should be looking for in ballet lessons for children her age, bearing in mind that I'm not trying to prepare her to be a prima ballerina, but neither would I want to limit her options if it did turn out to be something she was talented at. Are there big differences in different types of ballet classes, what are they and what might I want? Hoping someone out there can help me with this one!

Hey Emmajess, I did Cecchetti ballet when I was little until I was 15 and loved it (I'm 22 now by the way!) :-)

They just use a slightly more 'fun' way of teaching ballet to the children.

I realise that that's not much help but I hope that it's Ok for me to post!

Oh, and all (I think) you really wanty is a class which will inspire and enthuse your child... try it out and always remember that you can change it if necessary.

Sam x

I cant answer your questions about ballet per se but it seems that as your daughter enjoyed what she has experieneced, there would be no reason to suppose that she would not enjoy the next level class so why not go with that one anyway?