Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Selling My Self!?

Hi all

Well just sent out my CV and a covering letter to about 8 local pre-schools in the hope that I may get a job!

Have asked to be considered if there are any vacancies but also put down would be willing to do bank staff on days when I am not in my current pre-school.

I am sooooo desperate to give up Sainsburys (nights and all day sun) but need to find something else which is permanent. My current pre-school cant offer anymore hours so just thought i woud give it a go.

Had even thought about nannying given that our local after school club is full ( enquired for myself), there are no childminders in the village and no one else picks up from the school, but after looking into the legal side of things ie parents have to do all sorts to pay your wages I dont think it would be popular.

Had thought of child minding but just finished doing up the house and cant bear to go back to stair gates, child proofing everywhere :o . What about child minding just after school? Anyone know the leagal requirements for that?

If anyone can come up with anymore ideas then would be grateful. Given that the after school club is full cant get my own child in so he would have to be with me before and after school times.

if you had school age children as a childminder would you need to child proof as much? then you could have your own children and others too???

mayb you would need to put those kiddysafe clips on kitchen dangerous substance doors?

i expect you would have to be on the voluntary register for ofsted/mayb compulsory not sure bout this since they changed it.

This was the first thought that occured to me and is what i am currently suggesting to a friend who is looking for work, but has a baby.