Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What To Do After Nvq4 Ccld?

hi i i will have completed L4 in july but not sure what to do next !! i was originally told that i could join 2nd year of Foundation degree but have just been informed its now not an option!! rather than start f degree from scatch i have heard there is another pathway called " build your own degree" does any one have any information as my tutor was a bit sketchy!

another issue i have re doing foundation degree is that i am a manager and dont work hands on with children, i am currently mentoring a staff member who is doing it and most of the work is arround education in pre school and not sure i could fulfil criteria plus having to have 2 days out of setting would be a strain as i wouldnt be doing my 40 hours!!

any advice would be appreciated

Hello Jaycooks

I dont no anything about build your own degree but after i did level 4 i went straight onto foundation degree and enjoyed it very much.At the time i was working as a childminder for just one child but this was not a problem because the various tutors we had made sure that all modules/assignments related in some way to what ever setting the students were from(nursery, playgroup, reception class,childminders,out of school clubs).

It was a 2 year course but i only had to go to college one night a week (4 - 9)

I think if you can squeeze in a couple of hours a week with the children you should be able to do the FD.

Hope that helps a bit .Good luck.

I think most foundation degree courses that run in the day are 1 day a week but as unsworth said some do offer late afternoon / an evening course.

I suppose it depends where exactly you want your career to go, whether the degree is a good next step.

Maybe you should do a different degree to the one your staff member is doing if you are not working directly with the children?

Sorry that wasn't much help was it?!!!!!

You could do the FD in Management of a childcare setting then top it up to a BA(Hons). This is done on line via Liverpool Hope Uni and an absolute excellent way of gaining a degree and obviously relevant to your role as a Manager

You could do the FD in Management of a childcare setting then top it up to a BA(Hons). This is done on line via Liverpool Hope Uni and an absolute excellent way of gaining a degree and obviously relevant to your role as a Manager

thanks , i will look into that one!!! sounds more relevant to my role than foundation degree early years

I think most foundation degree courses that run in the day are 1 day a week but as unsworth said some do offer late afternoon / an evening course.

I suppose it depends where exactly you want your career to go, whether the degree is a good next step.

Maybe you should do a different degree to the one your staff member is doing if you are not working directly with the children?

any help is appreciated!! thank you for replying!!

any help is appreciated!! thank you for replying!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)