Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

School Visit

Lucie

Hi everyone, I'm going to look around a school tomorrow with a view to applying for a teaching post (FS) as an NQT in september.

Im just wondering if you can think of any good questions to ask, I already know what I want to be on the lookout for.....space for outdoor play, the classroom to see how it could be arranged, storage, resources, indications of how well children are valued across the school, indications of how well staff 'gel' together.

But as experienced teachers/practitioners I wondered if you could think of easy questions to ask that would gain me more insight into the school and what it would be like to work there???

I really want to make a good impression so any helpfiul tips would be gratefully received :o

Lucie xx

Guest Wolfie

How about asking how the staff work as a team to observe, assess and plan for the children - you'll find out about any regular meetings, how they communicate ideas and issues, etc. and get an idea of how effective team-working is in the unit.