Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Advice And Help!

Rosey

Hello all!

Apologies for not being about, I've been busy supply teaching and apply for jobs and finally have an interview at a school I've fallen in love with. However, upon receiving my interview task for a Rec/Year 1 post, I am desperate for advice.

"Please bring with you something you would use to stimulate learning with a mixed Foundation/Year 1 class. Be ready to share how you would develop learning around this, what your expectations would be and how this could be matched to the needs of all the learners. Be as creative as you would like, refer to any experience you have had or would plan for, given the chance."

Any suggestions or ideas? My mind has gone completely blank!

Rosey x

P.S. Sorry for any typos, am just dashing out of the door to a supply job!

Well, I'd take dough but there was an interesting discussion about this sort of task that someone's daughter had to do for a teaching college place, search in lounge as I'm sure it was in here unless its been moved.

Good luck with the interview. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you so much, purplewednesday and Susan for your replies!

Purplewednesday, I hadn't spotted that activity and that sounds like such a super idea. (Btw, out of interest, are you also on TES? I'm sure I recognise the purplewednesday username from somewhere).

Susan, I have had a rifle through that topic in question, as it had some fantastic ideas. I'm currently toying between three ideas: the biscuit tin activity, the message in a bottle or play-dough. I'm writing up what ideas I want to portray and then seeing which activity/object goes with it best.

I'm currently sorting out my supporting portfolio as well as going through many example interview questions. I'm also researching ideas such as planning for progression in children's role play, seeing what the latest issues are in EYFS that will hopefully impress them. My interview is late morning on Thursday, so I've got plenty of time to read through articles on here to keep me up to speed!

Thank you so much for your advice and support! :o

Rosey x

Edited by Rosey

Just keeping you all posted - I didn't get the job today. The school interviewed three of us, and said if they had three positions they would have employed all three of us as we were all such strong candidates. Sadly, I got passed over for an NQT who had slightly more supply experience than I did. Ah well, good practice!

However, I'm doing a lesson at another school a week tomorrow; either Literacy/Numeracy for Year 1 or 2, I don't know which yet. So it's not all bad! :o

Rosey x