Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Sheets For Learning Diaries

Hi all, I have recently seen but can't remember where some tracking sheets for each area of learning for myself and my team to be able to highlight when we have observed a child achieving this. We want to use it so that we can see there is enough evidence to give a child a profile point but more importantly we can see what experiences we need that child to have. Hoping this makes sense.

Thanks

Jo

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wolfie

Have you tried the Resource Library, under Observation and Assessment - Helen has put some tracking sheets in there?

I may have got the wrong end of the stick but this is what we use. I stick it on the back cover of each child's Learning Journey Book and when I do my recordkeeping half-termly cross ref all my obs, photo's, post-its etc on the summary form inc page no in guidance. This works well for showing consolidated learning too - 3 entries = consolidated. Then all those 1/2 termly entries are highlighted a specific colour using the key at the bottom. So, term on term you can see progression, areas that need additional planning etc. Does this make sense?!

MY_LEARNING_JOURNEY_SUMMARY.doc

Guest Wolfie
I may have got the wrong end of the stick but this is what we use. I stick it on the back cover of each child's Learning Journey Book and when I do my recordkeeping half-termly cross ref all my obs, photo's, post-its etc on the summary form inc page no in guidance. This works well for showing consolidated learning too - 3 entries = consolidated. Then all those 1/2 termly entries are highlighted a specific colour using the key at the bottom. So, term on term you can see progression, areas that need additional planning etc. Does this make sense?!

I think it DOES make perfect sense! Just one query - so if you have 3 entries in a particular box, all relating to maybe different Development Matters statements within one particular age-related band, you consider that band to be achieved?

No Wolfie, 3 covering same area. This is our updated form and we are now beginning to realise that maybe it needs to be photocopied onto A3 and stuck inside back cover because the entries do seem to be accumulating at quite a rate! At our latest staff meeting we discussed whether it was appropriate to keep observing and recording areas already with 3 entries that have been deemed consolidated learning.....

I think we should because the child might be moving into the next banding. At the very least we should be planning to extend and develop that child - the where to go next bit....

Guest Wolfie

Hmm, it's a tricky one isn't it? I've told my staff not to tie themselves up in knots trying to evidence every single DM statement within a band because then you tend to start with the list of statments rather than the child and the whole "ticklist" debate comes to the fore again.

I need a one page document that illustrates regular summative assessment - and an individual child's progress - over the period of time that they are with us, whether that's one or four years. Having looked at the document that you attached, I'd decided that that could be my answer! We already highlight DM statements achieved on a much lengthier document, adapted from Helen's sheets in the Resource Library, and I was thinking of highlighting a band on your sheet when three or more DM statements in a band had been achieved, updating every 3 months or so to show progress.

What do you think? Does that make sense?

I think its a case of doing what works for you and your team!

Thanks must go to the person who posted a slightly different version of this document some time ago. I've adapted it but since then have been completely unable to find the original again so I could say 'thanks!'. Hopefully they will be reading this thread! :o

It's good to share.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)