Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Exploratory Play

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

I mentor two practitioners for the Foundation Degree and they have just been given a topic to research for a timed assignment in two weeks time -

"The essay will involve critical analysis of exploratory play in relation to learning and development in EACH of the age ranges 0-3yrs, 3-5 yrs and 5-7 yrs."

I've got a general idea about what I'll discuss with them but would welcome anyone else's ideas, especially in relation to theorists on exploratory play and the 5-7 age range in particular.

Thank you! :o

Corrine Hutt - Exploration and Play in Children in Bruner, J,S.,Jolly, A and Sylva, K (1976) Play, It's role in development and evolution. Middlesex: Penguin Books Ltd.

I hope this helps, I'm just doing (should be doing) a literature review at the moment on Play and Exploration. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deborahnixon

help!!!!

I have an written essay to write on this and dont know where to start. Can any one help. :o

Hi deborah and welcome to the forum. I always find it useful to gather as much information together as a starting point, making notes as I go along. Then when I have a reasonable amount of information I start to type it up - not necessarily in any sort of order, but more just getting ideas down on paper. As I do this things start to fit together and by moving my paragraphs around and changing the wording the essay suddenly seems to take shape. :o

Sorry, I don't have any specific advice on this topic though. xD

Guest Wolfie

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum Deborah! :o My "mentees" found the two references in the thread very useful and have also used a lot of material from the EYFS pack and CD Rom.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)